Unexpectedly Intriguing!
July 4, 2017

The business of fireworks in the United States centers around the events of the Fourth of July and New Year's holidays. Since this is the Fourth of July, we thought we'd present data on the fireworks business that was reported by the U.S. Census Bureau and USAToday in recent years!

$296.2 million

The value of fireworks imported from China in 2016, representing the bulk of all U.S. fireworks imported ($307.8 million). U.S. exports of fireworks, by comparison, came to just $10.0 million in the same year.

$368.6 million

The value of fireworks sales by retailers in 2012.

$482.6 million

The value of fireworks and firecrackers sales by wholesalers in 2012. There were 172 wholesalers who sold these items in 2012.

$1.09 billion

The total annual sales of fireworks by all U.S. fireworks sellers. $755 million of those fireworks are sold to regular consumers, while $340 million worth of the really good stuff is sold for professional fireworks displays.

285.3 million pounds

The total amount of fireworks used according to the American Pyrotechnics Association. Of that quantity, 91% are used by regular consumers, while the remaining 9% are used in professional displays.

Have a great Fourth of July holiday, and be sure to enjoy the fireworks!

Labels:

About Political Calculations

Welcome to the blogosphere's toolchest! Here, unlike other blogs dedicated to analyzing current events, we create easy-to-use, simple tools to do the math related to them so you can get in on the action too! If you would like to learn more about these tools, or if you would like to contribute ideas to develop for this blog, please e-mail us at:

ironman at politicalcalculations.com

Thanks in advance!

Recent Posts

Applications

This year, we'll be experimenting with a number of apps to bring more of a current events focus to Political Calculations - we're test driving the app(s) below!

Most Popular Posts
Quick Index

Site Data

This site is primarily powered by:

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

CSS Validation

Valid CSS!

RSS Site Feed

AddThis Feed Button

JavaScript

The tools on this site are built using JavaScript. If you would like to learn more, one of the best free resources on the web is available at W3Schools.com.

Other Cool Resources

Blog Roll

Market Links
Charities We Support
Recommended Reading
Recommended Viewing
Recently Shopped

Seeking Alpha Certified

Archives
Legal Disclaimer

Materials on this website are published by Political Calculations to provide visitors with free information and insights regarding the incentives created by the laws and policies described. However, this website is not designed for the purpose of providing legal, medical or financial advice to individuals. Visitors should not rely upon information on this website as a substitute for personal legal, medical or financial advice. While we make every effort to provide accurate website information, laws can change and inaccuracies happen despite our best efforts. If you have an individual problem, you should seek advice from a licensed professional in your state, i.e., by a competent authority with specialized knowledge who can apply it to the particular circumstances of your case.